Orange County, California Rehab Guide
This informative Orange County, California Rehab Guide will provide you with clear direction for locating a reputable and effective rehab facility for the treatment of a substance abuse disorder.
Turn to this guide to learn about:
- Addiction statistics.
- Available rehab centers in Orange County.
- Treatment options.
- The cost of rehab.
Finding Addiction Treatment Centers in Orange County, California
Medical and clinical addiction treatment professionals assist in achieving recovery and sobriety for those who seek their services. With their assistance and a patient’s willingness to live a life of sobriety, recovery is achievable.
Locating the right rehab center to suit an individual patients’ needs should be a careful and deliberative process. Patients seeking treatment should consider a number of factors, including a facility’s accreditations, level of care provided, services offered, cost of treatment, acceptance of insurance, payment options, and more.
One highly reputable and well-regarded facility is the Laguna Treatment Hospital. There, patients who suffer from substance abuse disorder can receive the kind of life-changing treatment they need.
Laguna Treatment Hospital offers patients a warm and comfortable environment along with a welcoming and compassionate staff of qualified clinicians.
At Laguna Treatment Hospital, patients receive the guidance and means to overcome their addictions and reclaim their lives. It is one of the most revered in Orange County, California, for those searching for alcohol addiction treatment.
Exploring Addiction Treatment Options
There are a variety of treatment options to address addiction and find relief from a substance use disorder. Every patient’s needs vary depending on their level of use and addiction. A trusted physician, family member, or friend can help a patient review their options and determine which approach is right for them.
- Medical Detox. Patients who show signs of physical and psychological dependence on drugs or alcohol are strongly encouraged to begin their treatment journey with medical detox.
- Inpatient Treatment. Medical professionals often advocate for inpatient treatment for those who suffer from chronic addiction or co-occurring mental health issues.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs. Physicians and clinicians recommend this type of program for patients who do not require stepped up care due to a medical condition.
- Outpatient Rehab. Outpatient treatment has proven effective for patients who do not suffer from chronic addiction or have finished an inpatient treatment program.
Addiction Therapy Services Available in Orange County, California
Addiction therapy services guide patients into discovering and examining the fundamental reasons for their substance abuse. There are several proven therapy services rehab facilities provide.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) increases a patient’s awareness of how their thoughts, feelings, and actions are connected and how they impact their recovery.
Individualized Drug Counseling
Patients meet with a qualified counselor in one-to-one sessions. This offers a more individualized and personalized recovery experience.
Group counseling aims to help patients improve their ability to communicate and socialize through self-examination and self-awareness.
Motivational Enhancement Therapy
Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET) helps patients shed light on their goals and center on other priorities in life.
How Much Does Rehab Cost in Southern California?
There are a variety of factors that can impact the cost of drug and alcohol treatment:
- Rehab facility type.
- Treatment(s) received.
- Recommended therapy services.
- Insurance coverage.
- Other factors.
How to pay for drug and alcohol rehab is an issue of great concern for many seeking treatment in California. However, many options do exist.
Using your health insurance to help pay for addiction treatment is an option for many patients. For those without insurance, other payment options include financing, state-funded insurance, and more.
Low-income patients can often qualify for state-funded insurance, also known as Medicaid. Medicaid coverage will pay a provider any remaining balance after the patient has paid their share of treatment costs.
For those over the age of 65 who qualify, Medicare may assist with paying for treatment. The government-funded insurance program will cover some, but not all, medical costs.
Even for those without insurance or those who do not qualify for state-funded insurance, there are options to assist in paying for treatment. Some partially or wholly government subsidized rehab facilities will accept state or federal medical insurance to cover a portion of treatment costs.
There are also some nonprofit organizations that work with patients to create a payment plan consisting of affordable monthly payments to help pay off treatment services over time.
To learn how you can pay for treatment, begin by checking your insurance coverage below.
Verify Your Insurance for Rehab Treatment
Quickly and easily check your insurance coverage by completing .
The Need for Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment in Orange County, California
Orange County health statistics reflect the impact of addiction on the community, illustrating the outcomes that occur in the wake of substance abuse and the need for drug and alcohol addiction treatment for many residents.
Number of Drug Overdose Deaths: Orange County versus the US
The number of drug overdose deaths among Orange County residents has continued to rise because of increasing drug abuse in the area. Between 2017-2019 there were 1,196 drug overdose deaths per 100,000 people in Orange County.1
During that same time, the number of overdose deaths in people across the country ages 12 and over decreased from 4.2% to 3.7%.2
The onset of the pandemic and subsequent shutdowns across the country in 2020 further exacerbated matters. California health officials reported that far fewer people addicted to drugs were receiving treatment due to COVID. In fact, the Public Health Institute reported 35% fewer emergency room visits by those with an opioid addiction, 48% fewer people medically dosed to treat withdrawal, and 24% fewer people returning for follow up appointments.3
The increase in overdose deaths is not limited to Orange County alone. The highest number of overdose deaths in the state includes those occurring in the counties of Los Angeles (3,172), San Diego (1,447), Riverside (1,312), and Orange (1,196).4
Public Health and Alcohol Abuse in Orange County
The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) defines heavy drinking as consuming more than 14 drinks per week for men and consuming more than seven drinks per week for women. Additionally, NIAAA states that binge drinking involves drinking five or more alcoholic drinks for men or four or more alcoholic drinks for women over the course of about two hours.5
The growing number of California residents who abuse alcohol continues to increase and presents a public health and safety challenge. For example, 19% of Orange County residents reported in 2018 that they had indulged in heavy drinking over the course of 30 days.6
That same year, the percentage of adults self-reporting heavy drinking was again not limited to Orange County, but included those in the counties of:
- Nevada (25%).
- San Francisco (25%).
- Amador (25%).
- San Luis Obispo (24%).7
Additionally, California residents saw accelerated numbers of alcohol-impaired driving deaths between 2015-2019, most notably in the counties of:
- Mono (up 60%).
- Mariposa (up 57%).
- Plumas (up 50%).
- Orange (up 30%).8
Orange County addiction rehab centers can help California residents who struggle with substance use disorder. With proven treatments, therapies, and professional clinicians, these residents can find the hope, peace, and autonomy that comes with recovery from drug and alcohol addiction.
California Drug and Alcohol Resources by California County
Laguna Treatment Hospital is in Aliso Viejo, California, and offers patients struggling with addiction the effective, research-based clinical treatment and support services they need.
Begin your journey toward addiction recovery today with additional treatment resources in the counties listed below.
- California Drug and Alcohol Rehab Guide
- Los Angeles County Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- San Diego County Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, (2021). County Health Rankings & Roadmaps: California 2021 Measure Factors–Drug Overdose Deaths
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, (2020). Key Substance Use and Mental Health Indicators in the United States: Results from the 2019 National Survey on Drug Use and Health
- CalMatters, (2020). A Collision of Epidemics: Coronavirus Disrupts Addiction Treatment.
- University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, (2021). County Health Rankings & Roadmaps—California, Drug Overdose Deaths
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, ( 2021). Drinking Levels Defined
- University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, (2021). County Health Rankings & Roadmaps: California 2021 Measure Factors–Excessive Drinking
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, (April 2020). Apparent Per Capita Alcohol Consumption: National, State and Regions Trends, 1977-2018
- University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, (2021). County Health Rankings & Roadmaps—California, Alcohol Impaired Driving Deaths