Alcoholism in California and the Treatment Center to Help
Being addicted to alcohol may feel a little different than being addicted to other substances. Alcohol is legal and readily available at grocery stores, gas stations, and restaurants. There’s next to nothing that can stop an individual 21 years of age and older from getting their hands on a bottle of hard liquor or a case of beer. Herein lies the problem for the individual battling an alcohol use disorder (AUD).
Laguna Treatment Hospital may be the solution they are looking for. Laguna offers treatment for alcohol abuse, and is an American Addiction Centers’ facility, which is the nationwide leader in addiction treatment.
Located in beautiful and sunny California, it’s the perfect rehab center to welcome individuals struggling with an AUD, especially in the Golden State where alcoholism is a problem.
In California alone, Americans have spent $31.8 billion in excessive alcohol use. As a matter-of-fact, excessive alcohol use has resulted in roughly 88,00 deaths each year in the United States.
- In California in 2011, 18.6% of adults reported binge drinking.
- In California, “excessive drinking results in 10,572 deaths and 304,472 years of potential life lost each year.”
- “Excessive alcohol use cost the United States $223.5 billion, or $1.90 per drink consumed…” This was a result of healthcare expenses, crime, and lost workplace productivity in 2006.
In California, the Community Preventive Services Task Force provides recommendations based upon scientific research that supports their efficacy in the reduction of excessive alcohol use and related harms.
In policy and practice, this has led to:
- The regulation of alcohol outlet density.
- An increase in alcohol excise taxes (e.g., state taxes on wine, beer, and distilled spirits).
- “Having commercial host (dram shop) liability laws.”
If you’re concerned whether you or a loved one may have an alcohol use disorder, or an AUD, Laguna Treatment Hospital may be just the facility that you need to help you battle the addiction and to reach long-term sobriety.
- Spending time doing activities to get, use, or recover from alcohol.
- Attempting to reduce or control use of alcohol, but failing to do so.
- Craving alcohol.
- Not following through on work, home, or school responsibilities due to continuous use of alcohol.
- Experience of alcohol withdrawal.
- Using alcohol for the purpose of avoiding withdrawal symptoms.
- Continued use of alcohol, despite social or interpersonal consequences.
- Consistent use of the same amount of alcohol is less effective.
- The need for more alcohol in order to experience the same desired effect.
- No longer participating in work-related, social, or recreational activities due to alcohol use.
Be aware of the signs and seek the help that you or a loved one needs.
Laguna offers inpatient rehabilitation, residential services, virtual support meetings, and even medical detox and aftercare planning. We also provide effective therapies, such as motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). Laguna Treatment Hospital is dedicated to helping individuals battle their addiction to alcohol abuse in order to reach long-term sobriety. We can win the battle against alcoholism one step at a time and together.