Using Carelon (formerly Beacon) for Addiction Treatment
Finding addiction treatment can be confusing, especially when figuring out how to pay for care. Most insurance companies cover addiction treatment services, like inpatient rehab, outpatient programs, and behavioral therapies. Knowing the specific details of an insurance plan can make getting suitable treatment more straightforward.
Carelon Behavioral Health Insurance, formerly Beacon Health Options, may cover some, if not all, addiction treatment costs. Read on to learn more about addiction services covered by Carelon Behavioral Health Insurance and how to find alcohol and drug rehab using insurance.
What Is Carelon Behavioral Health (Formerly Beacon Health Options)?
Carelon Behavioral Health is a behavioral health insurance company developed by one of the largest healthcare systems organizations in the United States. Formerly known as Beacon Health Options, Carelon Behavioral Health partners with over 115,000 network providers to offer access to quality healthcare, including treatment for mental health and substance use disorders.1
With over 47 million members nationwide, Carelon’s programs and services are available through various individual, employer, and government agency health plans. Carelon’s substance use disorder services integrate mental health, physical health, and pharmacy services to connect people to essential addiction treatment resources and providers.1,2
Does Carelon Insurance Cover Drug & Alcohol Rehab?
Yes, Carelon Insurance offers coverage for drug and alcohol rehab, as well as other addiction treatment services. Beacon drug rehab may always be covered in some capacity, but the level of coverage differs based on the policy details.2
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) considers mental health and addiction treatment essential benefits. Under the ACA, insurance companies must cover essential benefits.3
That means paying for rehab with health insurance is possible, no matter the Carelon (Beacon) medical insurance plan. Still, factors like choosing an in-network provider and the specific policy will affect how much coverage someone receives.
For example, Laguna Treatment Hospital is an in-network rehab with Carelon insurance. So, Carelon will cover some costs for this Orange County rehab, but the exact amount and out-of-pocket costs may vary depending on a person’s individual plan and benefits.
What Types of Addiction Treatment Does Carelon Cover?
Carelon Behavioral Health may cover many types of inpatient and outpatient addiction care and services. We’re all different, and what works for one person may not work for another. That’s why several levels of care for substance abuse treatment are available for addiction specialists to design customized treatment plans based on a person’s individual needs.4
Common addiction treatment services that Carelon might cover include:4
- Medical detox. Medical detox facilities provide 24/7 attentive care to help patients safely eliminate substances from their bodies after substance use stops. As needed, addiction specialists may administer medications to help with withdrawal symptoms and reduce cravings, preparing patients for their next step in care.
- Inpatient or residential treatment. Inpatient and residential rehabs provide a safe, structured environment to live and focus on recovery. Programs can vary from a few weeks to months, but specialists typically determine the best length of treatment based on a person’s individual needs.
- Outpatient treatment. Outpatient programs are available for people with less severe addictions who don’t need 24/7 care and don’t require or have already completed detox. Patients can live at home while receiving similar treatments to inpatient rehab.
- Partial hospitalization programs. Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), or “day treatment programs,” are highly structured, intensive forms of outpatient addiction rehab, requiring about 20 hours of weekly participation.
- Intensive outpatient programs. Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) are more rigorous than standard outpatient programs and require attendance during the day, evening, or weekend.
How Much Does Rehab Cost with Carelon (Beacon) Insurance?
Using Carelon Insurance can reduce the out-of-pocket cost of addiction treatment. Still, several factors can affect how much rehab will cost, such as the type of center and treatment received.
For example, inpatient rehab is typically more expensive than outpatient services. Choosing a luxury rehab with top-notch amenities and accommodations, like room service, catering, and alternative therapies, can also increase the cost of treatment.
Spending enough time in treatment is essential to long-term sobriety. Depending on the person, this can mean a few months to sometimes years. The intensity of services and length of treatment may also add to the cost.
Different plans offer different levels of coverage, which also affects out-of-pocket costs someone might pay. Since there are so many tiers of coverage and policy types, someone can expect deductibles and co-pays to vary based on their specific plan.
Still, with Carelon Insurance, many rehab payment options are available to help people afford the treatment they need.
How to Use Carelon to Pay for Rehab at Laguna
To use Carelon (Beacon) insurance to pay for rehab at Laguna, call the number on the back of your insurance card. The representatives at Carelon can provide more specific details on your individual coverage.
Or you can reach out to us directly at . Our admissions navigators are available around the clock to answer your questions and help you start addiction treatment. You can also fill out the simple and secure form below to confirm your coverage at our facility.
At Laguna Treatment Hospital, we know that finances can be stressful and may cause some people to put off seeking treatment. Understanding the Beacon addiction treatment centers and services covered with Carelon insurance can make finding help easier.
We’re here to offer encouragement and support, empowering everyone to make the best treatment choice.