Drug & Alcohol Rehab Near Los Angeles
If you or a loved one in Los Angeles suffers from a substance use disorder, it can be difficult to know where to start. This page will discuss evidence-based treatment at Laguna Treatment Hospital—a detox and drug rehab center in Orange County, CA—and addiction trends in Los Angeles and surrounding areas.
Addiction Treatment Program Near Los Angeles
Medical and clinical professionals at Laguna Treatment Hospital can help those who suffer from a substance use disorder get sober and remain in long-term recovery.
Types of Addiction Treatment Near LA
Because everyone’s treatment needs vary depending on their level of use and addiction, multiple treatment types are available to meet every patient’s needs. Physicians, family, and friends familiar with the patient are valuable resources for helping determine the type of treatment from which a patient would most benefit. Laguna Treatment Hospital offers:
- Medical Detox. Often the first step in recovery, detox consists of medical supervision provided in a safe environment while a patient withdraws from drugs and/or alcohol. Medical detox is an important step for patients who exhibit signs of physical and psychological dependence on drugs or alcohol and risk experiencing a health crisis if attempted independently.
- Inpatient Treatment. Inpatient treatment involves administering medical care and therapeutic support 24/7 in a substance-free facility. Medical professionals may typically recommend inpatient treatment for those who suffer from chronic addiction or co-occurring mental health issues.
- Aftercare planning. Once formal treatment ends, many people need the continued support provided through 12-step and other community programs. Staff at Laguna ensures each patient has the support needed to stay sober once they leave inpatient care.
Addiction Therapy Services Near Los Angeles, CA
Laguna Treatment Hospital uses various proven addiction therapy services to help patients gain insight into the underlying reasons that may have contributed to their substance abuse. These include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). CBT strives to teach people how to connect their thoughts, feelings, and actions to increase awareness of how these factors impact their recovery. CBT helps patients recognize triggering situations that could lead to future substance abuse and gives patients the tools needed to overcome them.
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET). which helps patients clarify goals and focus on other priorities in life. MET motivates fast, internal adjustments to a patient’s attitudes toward treatment and their drug or alcohol use. MET is often used in sync with treatment for co-occurring mental health issues such as depression or anxiety.
- Individualized drug counseling, in which a patient meets with a counselor one-to-one. This helps patients address co-existing issues (i.e., employment, family relations, and illegal behavior) and enables a counselor to refer patients to outside sources as needed.
- Group counseling, which helps patients with communication, socialization, self-examination, and self-awareness. Group therapy helps patients learn to relate to others experiencing similar circumstances.
What Is the Cost of Drug Rehab in Los Angeles, California?
The cost of addiction treatment may depend on your health insurance, the type of treatment needed, the duration of treatment, and more.
There are several ways to pay for drug rehab in California that can make treatment costs more affordable. If you are insured, your health insurance must cover addiction treatment to some extent.
If you aren’t covered by insurance, there are additional ways to pay for rehab at Laguna Treatment Hospital, such as financing options.
To get a better idea of how much treatment will cost, begin by checking your insurance coverage below.
Using Insurance for Rehab in Los Angeles
Laguna Treatment Hospital accepts many forms of health insurance and is in-network with many major insurance companies.
Call for assistance in using health insurance to cover addiction treatment or quickly verify your insurance coverage at Laguna by completing
Getting to Laguna from Los Angeles
To drive from LA to Laguna Treatment Hospital:
- Take the US-101 South to the I-5 South.
- Exit on Oso Parkway.
- Continue onto Pacific Park Dr.
- Turn left on Mareblu and Laguna Treatment Hospital will be on your right.
This route should take between 50 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Public transportation is also an option to get from LA to Laguna Treatment Hospital. The following route takes approximately 2 hours:
- From Union Station, take the Pacific Surfliner train toward San Diego.
- Get off at the Santa Ana stop.
- Walk to the Santa Ana and Santiago bus stop and take the 83 bus toward the Laguna Hills Transportation Center.
- Get off at Calle De La Plata-Paseo De Valencia.
- From the Calle De La Plata-Paseo De Valencia bus stop take the 87 bus toward Niguel and Crown Valley.
- Get off at the Alica-Pacific Park stop.
- Walk and take a right on Pacific Park Dr. Laguna Treatment Hospital will be on the right.
Los Angeles County, California Drug and Alcohol Addiction
Illicit Drug Use & Overdoses in Los Angeles
The growing problem of drug use in Los Angeles County has resulted in increased deaths by drug overdose. A reported 4,2726 drug overdose deaths per 100,000 people in Los Angeles County took place between 2018-2020.1
Additionally, nearby counties of San Diego (1,724 deaths), Riverside (1,595 deaths), and Orange County (1,477 deaths) had some of the highest rates of fatal overdoses in the state at that same time.1
Alcohol Abuse Statistics in LA
Alcohol abuse in Los Angeles, California, is also a serious problem. In 2019, 17% of adults in Los Angeles County said they had indulged in binge or heavy drinking in the past 30 days.2
That same year, the percentage of adults self-reporting binge or heavy drinking included those in the counties of:2
- San Diego (20%).
- Orange County (18%).
- San Luis Obispo (22%).
Alcohol-impaired driving deaths are also a serious problem in the greater Los Angeles area. Between 2016 and 2020:3
- In Los Angeles county, 22% of driving deaths were caused by alcohol impairment.
- In San Diego county, 27% of driving deaths were caused by alcohol impairment.
- In Orange County, 28% of driving deaths were caused by alcohol impairment.
- In Riverside Count, 31% of driving deaths were caused by alcohol impairment.
Many of the county’s residents are looking for help, hope, and the freedom that comes with recovery from alcohol addiction. Addiction rehab centers in Los Angeles, California, can help them find what they’re searching for.
- Southern California Rehab Guide
- How to Use Health Insurance for Rehab in SoCal
- Narcan for Opioid Overdose in CA