Drug & Alcohol Rehab Near Irvine, CA
If you or your loved one is struggling with a substance use disorder, alcohol and drug rehabs near Irvine can offer effective treatment. Orange County rehab options include treatment facilities with various levels of care and services.
This page will provide helpful information about the different types of addiction treatment available at rehabs in Irvine, potential costs of treatment, and additional resources.
Addiction is treatable—find a rehab in Southern California that meets your needs.
Addiction Treatment Near Irvine, CA
For those who suffer from a substance use disorder, there is help available. With the aid of medical and clinical professionals in addiction treatment, recovery and sobriety are possible.
Laguna Treatment Hospital offers an array of exceptional treatment options in a clean, safe, and welcoming facility. Staffed by caring, compassionate, and qualified clinicians, it’s the best choice for drug and alcohol rehab in Orange County, California.
Types of Addiction Treatment Near Irvine, California
There are many ways to treat addiction and start on the road to recovery from substance misuse. Patients should discuss their options with a physician, family, and friends to determine which approach is right for their care.
- Medical Detox in Irvine, California. Detox is often the first step in recovery from addiction. It provides medical supervision and a safe environment to withdraw from substance addiction to drugs and/or alcohol. drug and alcohol detox is for patients who exhibit signs of physical and psychological dependence on drugs or alcohol.
- Inpatient Treatment. Inpatient treatment involves administering medical care and therapeutic support 24/7 in a substance-free facility. Medical professionals may typically recommend inpatient treatment for those who suffer from chronic addiction or co-occurring mental health issues.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs. This type of treatment combines structured care similar to inpatient treatment while allowing the patient to live at home during recovery. It can be effective for those who do not require a high level of care due to a medical condition.
- Outpatient Rehab. Irvine, California outpatient rehab allows patients to live at home during the treatment process. As such, they can work on their recovery while keeping a job and caring for their families. Outpatient treatment is effective for those who do not suffer from chronic addiction or have completed an inpatient treatment program.
Addiction Therapy Services in Irvine, California
During treatment for drug and alcohol addiction, local rehab facilities will use a variety of proven addiction therapy services to help patients gain insight into the underlying reasons for their substance use.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) strives to teach people in recovery how to connect their thoughts, feelings, and actions for increased awareness of the impact these factors have on recovery.
- CBT is effective for those in recovery and those who have relapsed.
- It can help patients recognize triggering situations that could lead to future substance use and gives patients the tools needed to overcome them.
Individualized Drug Counseling
In individualized drug counseling, a patient meets with a counselor on a one-to-one basis.
- Counseling helps patients address co-existing issues regarding employment, family relations, and illegal behavior.
- The counselor can refer the patient to outside sources for any additional services as needed.
Group counseling helps individuals with communication, socialization, self-examination, and self-awareness.
- Group counseling consists of a small group of people in recovery who meet regularly.
- Group counseling helps individuals learn to relate to others who have experienced circumstances similar to their own.
Motivational Enhancement Therapy
Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET) helps patients clarify goals and focus on those things that are most important to them in life.
- Therapists use the MET approach to motivate fast, internal adjustments to a patient’s attitudes toward treatment and their drug or alcohol use.
- It is often used in sync with treatment for co-occurring mental health issues such as depression or anxiety.
What Is the Cost of Drug Rehab in Irvine, California?
The cost of drug and alcohol treatment varies based on a variety of factors:
- The rehab facility.
- The type of treatment you receive.
- The therapy services recommended.
- Your insurance coverage.
- Other variables.
There are several ways to pay for drug rehab in California. Depending on your provider, your health insurance may cover some of your addiction treatment. If you aren’t covered by insurance, there are additional ways to pay, including financing options, state-funded insurance, and more.
State-funded insurance, or Medicaid, helps qualifying people with lower incomes. With Medicaid, the patient may have to pay for a small portion of the cost of certain types of treatment, after which Medicaid pays the remainder to the healthcare provider.
Medicare is also a government-funded insurance program for people over the age of 65. It covers some, but not all, medical costs for those who qualify.
For those without any insurance, there are still options to help pay for treatment. Some rehab facilities are partially or wholly government subsidized and will accept state or federal medical insurance to help cover some of the treatment costs.
Additionally, some non-profit organizations will work with a patient to create an affordable monthly installment plan to pay off treatment services over time.
To get a better idea of how much treatment will cost, begin by checking your insurance coverage below.
Verify Your Insurance for Rehab Treatment Near Irvine
Quickly and easily check your insurance coverage by completing .
How to Get to Laguna Treatment Hospital From Irvine
Driving directions from Irvine, CA, to Laguna Treatment Hospital: Head south on I-405 S/San Diego Fwy. In approximately 5.6 miles, merge onto I-5 S/San Diego Fwy. In 5.5 miles, take exit 88 for Oso Pkwy. Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto Oso Pkwy (signs for Aliso Viejo/Laguna Hills). Continue onto Pacific Park Dr. Turn left at Mareblu. Laguna Treatment Hospital will be on the right. This route takes approximately 19 minutes.
Public transportation directions from Irvine, CA, to Laguna Treatment Hospital: Depending on what time you travel, there are multiple routes possible. This is one of the more direct options: At the Irvine Station-Dock 3, board bus 403 toward Sand Canyon and Waterworks. After 6 stops, you will arrive at Irvine Center @ Barranca EB. Transfer to bus 90 toward Dana Point Harbor. Ride for 25 stops, then exit the bus at the Moulton-Oso stop. From there, walk north, turn right toward Pacific Park Dr. Continue on Pacific Park Dr for approximately 5 minutes. Laguna Treatment Hospital will be on the right. This route takes approximately 41 minutes.
Are You Struggling With Addiction?
Irvine CA, Addiction Statistics & Resources
Recently, drug and alcohol deaths have sharply increased in Orange County, going from 780 total deaths in 2019 to 1,355 deaths in 2021.1
The majority of these deaths are related to the use of multiple drugs. However, the second highest cause of drug and alcohol-related deaths in the OC are from physical disease caused by alcohol only.1
Drug Use & Overdose Deaths in Irvine
Drug misuse in Irvine is a growing problem, resulting in increased drug overdose deaths. Between 2017-2021, there were an average of 109 drug overdose deaths per every 100,000 people in Irvine.1
Orange County as a whole averaged 2,693 drug overdose deaths per 100,000 people during that same period.1
Alcohol Misuse & DUI’s in Irvine
The amount and severity of alcohol misuse in California continues to rise. In 2021, 15% of people were reported to have engaged in binge drinking.2
In 2019, 31.8% of all crash fatalities in California were alcohol-involved. Over 35% of the state’s DUI arrests occurred in just 3 counties: Orange, Los Angeles, and San Diego. All 3 of these counties had over 9,000 DUI arrests each.3
Many of the county’s residents are looking for help, hope, and the freedom that comes with recovery from alcohol addiction. Addiction rehab centers in Irvine, California, can help those struggling find what they’re searching for.
- Southern California Rehab Guide
- How to Use Health Insurance for Rehab in SoCal
- Narcan for Opioid Overdose in CA