Alcohol & Drug Rehab Near Laguna Niguel, California
Although addiction impacts both the addicted individual and their families and loved ones, it is not a life sentence. If you or a family member is struggling with substance misuse, there are many treatment options available. To help you find the right path forward, we’ve compiled this comprehensive guide to Southern California rehab, specifically for those looking for addiction treatment in Laguna Niguel.
Read on to learn more about addiction, rehabilitation, types of treatment, payment options, and available facilities in the region.
Rehab & Addiction Treatment Near Laguna Niguel
Signs of Addiction & Symptoms of Withdrawal
Identifying the signs of an addiction can help you or your loved one start working toward recovery. Substance and alcohol use disorders manifest themselves in various ways, including:1
- Intense cravings. Characterized by an unusually strong desire to use the substance.
- Unsuccessful attempts to quit. Although there may be the desire to reduce or control usage, there is a persistent inability to do so.
- Overuse. The addictive substance is used either for longer than intended or in a greater quantity than intended, sometimes both.
- Obsession. Significant time is spent trying to obtain the addictive substance, using it, and/or recovering from usage.
- Interpersonal problems. Failure to meet social, professional, or personal obligations as a result of their addiction. This may include absences from work, neglect of household duties, etc.
- Disconnection. Abandonment of important social, professional, and recreational activities in favor of increased use.
- Awareness of interpersonal harm. Usage of the substance continues, despite awareness of the harm it is causing both the person using it and their colleagues or loved ones.
- Building tolerance. Characterized by one of the following: The need for increasing amounts of the substance to achieve the desired effect or diminishing effects from use of the substance.
- Risk taking. Usage of the substance in hazardous situations or to the point that it causes physical harm.
Withdrawal symptoms can occur when substance use is decreased or suddenly ceased. Failure to acquire the addictive substance results in physical and/or psychological symptoms that can vary by substance, but may include:
- Emotional distress.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Muscle aches.
- Abnormal sweating.
It’s important to understand that addiction can take many forms beyond drug misuse or alcoholism. Addictions may be purely behavioral, as well. Whether you or your loved one is suffering from a substance use disorder or a psychological addiction, know that you aren’t alone, and there are many available resources for the loved ones of addicted individuals.
Drug & Alcohol Addiction Recovery Center Near Laguna Niguel
No matter how severe your addiction is or how hopeless you may feel, recovery is always possible. Whether you’re struggling with alcohol or drug misuse, there are many different options in and around Laguna Niguel that you can turn to for help.
These treatment centers are overseen by the Substance Use Disorder Compliance Licensing Branch division of DHCS, which is responsible for ensuring that all program participants are provided with a safe, healthy environment.
Our Orange County rehab is another option for help. At Laguna Treatment Hospital, we offer programming with the highest standards of care, and our facility provides research-based clinical addiction treatment services alongside amenities that include a gym/fitness center, pool, mindfulness spaces, and nutritionally-balanced meals. Our professional, caring, and experienced clinicians and admissions navigators have already helped more than 1,000 people recover from addiction, providing them with a solid foundation upon which they can build a fulfilling life of sobriety.
Addiction Treatment at Our California Rehab Facility
There are many addiction treatment levels available for someone struggling with addiction, as what works for one person may not work for another. The best bet for patients is to discuss their potential treatment plan with their physician, family, and friends. Options include:
- Medical detox. Often an important first step on the road to recovery, a detox program overseen by licensed professionals helps a patient through the difficult process of getting any addictive substances out of their systems.
- Inpatient treatment provides 24/7 medical care and therapeutic support in a clinical setting. Typically recommended for chronic addiction or patients that suffer from mental health issues alongside addiction.
- Partial hospitalization programs include some structured care at a facility but allow the patient to continue living at home.
- Outpatient rehab is intended for those that do not suffer from chronic addiction, as well as patients who have completed inpatient treatment. Outpatient rehab allows someone to work on their recovery while continuing to live at home.
Typically, a treatment plan will feature one or more of these options, in addition to aftercare, usually via support groups.
Addiction Therapy Services Near Laguna Niguel
Our Laguna Niguel rehab center offers a range of potential treatment options and therapies for anyone struggling with addiction. As already mentioned, everyone’s situation is different, and everyone has different needs in terms of treatment. Our own treatment services, listed below, are chosen based on an intake assessment that determines a patient’s medical history, frequency and duration of use, and co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Motivational interviewing
- Family support and therapy
- Group therapy
- Alternative therapies
- Recovery groups
Does Insurance Cover the Cost of Rehab?
Treatment costs for addiction tend to vary based on the type of treatment you receive. You may find success in be able to using insurance to pay for rehab, but this largely depends on your provider. Private insurance is also not your only option when it comes to paying for rehab.
State-funded insurance such as Medicaid/Medicare may offer partial coverage, and there are also several nonprofit organizations that provide patients with reasonable payment plans.
Our rehab facility in Laguna Nigel, CA accepts most types of private insurance, including:
- California Health & Wellness
Verify Your Insurance for Rehab Treatment
You can complete the form below to learn if addiction treatment services are covered by your insurance benefits.
How to Get to Laguna Treatment Hospital from Laguna Nigel
Getting from Laguna Nigel to Laguna Treatment Hospital is simple, whether you drive, take public transit, or walk or bike there.
Driving Directions from Laguna Nigel City Hall: Turn left on Alicia Parkway. In a 3.3 miles, turn right onto Pacific Park Drive. In 0.8 miles, turn right and arrive at the Treatment Center. This is about an 8-10 minute drive.
Public Transit from Laguna Nigel City Hall: Go about half a mile to the Alicia & Nigel bus stop. Board the OCTA 87 bus. Laguna Treatment Hospital will be the 11th stop on this route. Depart at Alicia & Pacific Park. This route takes on average 38-40 minutes.
Walking and Biking: Depending on where in Laguna Nigel you live, it is possible to walk or bike to our location. If you are in the Laguna Nigel North or Nigel Vistas II parts of the city, walking and biking may be just a matter of minutes away. You can determine how long it may take you on foot or bike by calculating your specific distance to the facility via an online map resource.
Are You Struggling With Addiction?
Laguna Nigel Drug & Alcohol Addiction Statistics
Illegal Drug Use & Drug Overdose in Laguna Nigel
Drug misuse, particularly involving opioids, remains an ongoing problem both in Orange County and the nation at large. In Orange County specifically:
- 56% all opioid overdoses in were a result of prescription opioids in 2022
- In 2022, approximately 700 Orange County residents overdosed on drugs/alcohol
- All drug/alcohol overdoses resulted in more than 5,500 hospitalizations
Unsurprisingly, drug misuse experienced a sharp upturn in 2020 and 2021, likely due to the extreme mental stress of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Delaware Public Media reports that over a 12-month period ending in September 2020, more than 90,000 Americans died of overdoses.5
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that synthetic opioid fatalities increased by 55% in the same 12-month period.6
- The pandemic also interrupted addiction counseling, with many rehabilitation facilities being forced to shut down.7
- Overdose deaths have seen a particularly sharp increase amongst California’s Latino population,8 particularly associated with fentanyl and heroin use.
Alcohol Use & Driving Deaths in Laguna Nigel
At 19%,9 Orange County’s rate of alcohol misuse may not be the highest in the state, but it’s not the lowest ranking either. Additionally, alcohol was responsible for 28% of all motor vehicle crashes in the county.10 As with drug misuse, alcohol consumption also increased as a result of COVID-19.
- In the week ending March 21, 2020, national sales of alcohol increased by 54% year-over-year.11
- Online sales of alcohol saw a 262% increase over the same time period.11
- In a survey released in February 2021, more than 30% of respondents reported drinking more alcohol during the pandemic than they did pre-pandemic.12
- Southern California Rehab Guide
- How to Use Health Insurance for Rehab in SoCal
- Narcan for Opioid Overdose in CA
American Addiction Centers (AAC) is committed to delivering original, truthful, accurate, unbiased, and medically current information. We strive to create content that is clear, concise, and easy to understand.
While we are unable to respond to your feedback directly, we'll use this information to improve our online help.