Hollywood, California Rehab Guide
Many people in Hollywood and Los Angeles County are struggling with a substance use disorder, and the death rates continue to rise.1 The people impacted both directly and indirectly by substance use disorders might be your friends, family, neighbors, or coworkers.
If you or a loved one is struggling with substance use, don’t lose hope. The challenge of finding treatment might feel overwhelming, but we have compiled the information you need to begin on the road to recovery. Our guide to drug and alcohol treatment in Hollywood contains everything you’ll need to begin this journey, including:
- Information about addiction therapy services in the Hollywood area.
- The different treatment options for substance abuse.
- The costs associated with rehab and potential avenues to receive financial assistance.
- Drug and alcohol resources outside of Hollywood and LA County.
- Data and statistics about substance abuse in LA County.
Information About Addiction Therapy Services Near Hollywood
You’ll find a wide variety of addiction therapy services offered at rehab facilities in the Hollywood area. A trained and qualified clinician can determine the best solution for each patient.
The process typically begins with an assessment of the patient’s general health history, physical assessment, mental status, patterns of substance abuse, and history of substance abuse. This information is paired with their treatment history, employment history, education history, and legal and family history, and is then utilized to develop the optimal treatment solution for each specific patient.5
By assessing each patient’s specific circumstances, The ideal treatment plan can be determined. Therapy and treatment options can include:
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Family Support and Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Alternative Therapies
- Recovery Groups
Treatment for Substance Abuse
Hollywood is one of the United States’ most iconic cities, a town recognized worldwide for the glamor and luxury of show business. However, this unrealistic stereotype stands in stark contrast with the reality that Hollywood presents for those struggling with substance abuse.
For those struggling with substance abuse, there is hope. Recovery is possible, and there are multiple treatment options for each person’s situation. With persistence and the right treatment, anyone can recover from a substance abuse disorder.
One excellent option for those in need of substance abuse treatment in the Southern California area is Laguna Treatment Hospital. The evidence-based treatment solutions found here are administered and supported by a team of caring, and supportive clinicians who are there to help our patients succeed. We provide a comfortable and welcoming facility complete with excellent amenities and everything needed to begin on the road to recovery.
Types of Treatment for Substance Abuse
Addiction treatments are varied, and each has a unique array of benefits that can lead a patient to successful recovery. Review the list of treatments below to gain a better understanding of the options available:
- Medical Detox: Detoxification is a vital first step down the road to recovery. Detox may leave patients experiencing unpleasant withdrawal symptoms, and depending on circumstance, these symptoms can even become life-threatening. By entering into a trained and qualified detoxification program, the negative effects of the detoxification process can be mitigated, and the patient can feel a new level of confidence as they begin the recovery process.
- Inpatient substance abuse treatment programs provide patients with medical care and support in a safe and secure facility. Inpatient treatment is the ideal solution for those suffering from chronic addiction or co-occurring mental health issues.
- A partial hospitalization program is an intensive program that still allows patients to live in the comfort of their homes while receiving high-quality and intentionally structured care at a rehabilitation facility.
- Outpatient rehab programs allow the patient to return to their home and continue their journey to recovery. It allows for more independence while still offering the support the patient needs as they continue the recovery process.
- A network of support programs often follows these treatments in a truly comprehensive treatment plan. These oftentimes consist of support groups to help keep the patient on the right track and celebrate their recovery accomplishments.
What Costs Are Associated With Rehab?
When faced with the prospect of recovery, one of the first things that come to mind for many potential patients is how to pay for drug treatment. Luckily, there are options.
Just as the types of treatments vary, so will the costs associated with them. Certain programs will cost more than others, and though costs will vary, it is important to remember the primary goal of successful recovery when choosing treatment options.
In order to see a detailed cost estimate for substance abuse treatment, check your insurance coverage to learn more. Coverage will vary based on the provider and your specific plan.
Laguna Treatment Hospital is in-network with many insurance plans, allowing many people to use health insurance coverage to help pay for rehab.
There are other ways that you can secure additional funding for rehab. Medicaid or Medicare might assist with some treatment costs, and some facilities or non-profit organizations offer installment plans in case a patient does not have insurance. Follow this link if you would like to learn more about Laguna Treatment Hospitals insurance coverage and admissions process.
Verify Your Insurance for Addiction Treatment
Laguna Treatment Hospital has made it quick and easy to check your insurance coverage. Simply give us your name, contact information, and insurance information, and we will let you know if you are covered for addiction treatment services.
Worried You May Have a Substance Use Problem?
Examining Substance Abuse in Los Angeles County
The Aftermath of Illegal Drug Use
Of all California counties, Los Angeles had over 1,000 more drug overdose deaths than the next closest California county, with 3,172 deaths between 2017 and 2019.2 It is worth noting that this is impacted by the fact that Los Angeles County is also the most populated of the California counties, but the message remains the same: substance abuse is widespread.
Opioids are a significant contributor to this statistic, and synthetic opioids are chief among them. Synthetic opioid (Mostly some variation of illicitly manufactured fentanyl) deaths began to rise dramatically in 2013 and reached a peak in 2016 with 221 deaths. Still, the numbers remain steadily high.1
Young adults are the most commonly impacted age group (ages 18-25), with 18% suffering from any of the many forms of substance use disorder.3 The prevalence of substance misuse in Los Angeles County highlights why our work is so important. We help our patients defeat their drug dependency.
Alcohol Abuse and Its Impact
Alcohol abuse is perhaps the most common form of substance abuse. Of the above mentioned 18% of young adults with a substance use disorder, 10.5% of them had alcohol use disorder.3
However, alcohol misuse is prevalent across all age groups, and 18% of LA county adults report binge drinking at least once in the past thirty days. This number matches the state of California’s average, which is also 18%.
This number no doubt plays a role in the 32,000 DUI arrests in Los Angeles County each year,3 and the 866 alcohol-impaired driving deaths that happened between 2015 and 2019. The financial impact of alcohol and drugs in the county is also immense, costing 6.6 billion in hospital charges alone.
We hope that the information found here has been beneficial for you. Remember; if you or a loved one is struggling with substance abuse in Hollywood, there is hope. Substance abuse treatment and therapy can help.