Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Irvine, CA
If you or a loved one suffers from a substance use disorder and are in search of an Orange County drug and alcohol rehab for effective treatment, the task of finding one can seem almost overwhelming.
Find the answers you seek with this comprehensive Irvine, California Rehab Guide. Learn about:
- Available drug and alcohol rehab treatment centers.
- Stats on addiction.
- Types of treatment.
Find Addiction Treatment in Irvine, CA
For those who suffer from a substance use disorder, there is help available. With the aid of medical and clinical professionals in addiction treatment, recovery and sobriety are possible.
Laguna Treatment Hospital offers an array of exceptional treatment options in a clean, safe, and welcoming facility. Staffed by caring, compassionate, and qualified clinicians, it’s the best choice for drug and alcohol rehab in Orange County, California.
Types of Addiction Treatment in Irvine, California
There are many ways to treat addiction and start on the road to recovery from substance abuse. Patients should discuss their options with a physician, family, and friends to determine which approach is right for their care.
- Medical Detox in Irvine, California. Detox is often the first step in recovery from addiction. It provides medical supervision and a safe environment to withdraw from substance addiction to drugs and/or alcohol. Medical detox is for patients who exhibit signs of physical and psychological dependence on drugs or alcohol.
- Inpatient Treatment. Inpatient treatment involves administering medical care and therapeutic support 24/7 in a substance-free facility. Medical professionals may typically recommend inpatient treatment for those who suffer from chronic addiction or co-occurring mental health issues.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs. This type of treatment combines structured care similar to inpatient treatment while allowing the patient to live at home during recovery. It can be effective for those who do not require a high level of care due to a medical condition.
- Outpatient Rehab. Irvine, California outpatient rehab allows patients to live at home during the treatment process. As such, they can work on their recovery while keeping a job and caring for their families. Outpatient treatment is effective for those who do not suffer from chronic addiction or have completed an inpatient treatment program.
Addiction Therapy Services in Irvine, California
During treatment for drug and alcohol addiction, local rehab facilities will use a variety of proven addiction therapy services to help patients gain insight into the underlying reasons for their substance abuse.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) strives to teach people in recovery how to connect their thoughts, feelings, and actions for increased awareness of the impact these factors have on recovery.
- CBT is effective for those in recovery and those who have relapsed.
- It can help patients recognize triggering situations that could lead to future substance abuse and gives patients the tools needed to overcome them.
Individualized Drug Counseling
In individualized drug counseling, a patient meets with a counselor on a one-to-one basis.
- Counseling helps patients address co-existing issues regarding employment, family relations, and illegal behavior.
- The counselor can refer the patient to outside sources for any additional services as needed.
Group counseling helps individuals with communication, socialization, self-examination, and self-awareness.
- Group counseling consists of a small group of people in recovery who meet regularly.
- Group counseling helps individuals learn to relate to others who have experienced circumstances similar to their own.
Motivational Enhancement Therapy
Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET) helps patients clarify goals and focus on those things that are most important to them in life.
- Therapists use the MET approach to motivate fast, internal adjustments to a patient’s attitudes toward treatment and their drug or alcohol use.
- It is often used in sync with treatment for co-occurring mental health issues such as depression or anxiety.
What Is the Cost of Drug Rehab in Irvine, California?
The cost of drug and alcohol treatment varies based on a variety of factors:
- The rehab facility.
- The type of treatment you receive.
- The therapy services recommended.
- Your insurance coverage.
- Other variables.
There are several ways to pay for drug rehab in California. Depending on your provider, your health insurance may cover some of your addiction treatment. If you aren’t covered by insurance, there are additional ways to pay, including financing options, state-funded insurance, and more.
State-funded insurance, or Medicaid, helps qualifying people with lower incomes. With Medicaid, the patient may have to pay for a small portion of the cost of certain types of treatment, after which Medicaid pays the remainder to the healthcare provider.
Medicare is also a government-funded insurance program for people over the age of 65. It covers some, but not all, medical costs for those who qualify.
For those without any insurance, there are still options to help pay for treatment. Some rehab facilities are partially or wholly government subsidized and will accept state or federal medical insurance to help cover some of the treatment costs.
Additionally, some non-profit organizations will work with a patient to create an affordable monthly installment plan to pay off treatment services over time.
To get a better idea of how much treatment will cost, begin by checking your insurance coverage below.
Verify Your Insurance for Rehab Treatment in Irvine, California
Quickly and easily check your insurance coverage by completing .
Are You Struggling With Addiction?
Orange County Addiction Stats & Additional Resources
Drug Overdose Deaths in Orange County
Drug abuse in Orange County is a growing problem, resulting in increased drug overdose deaths. There were 1,196 drug overdose deaths per 100,000 people in Orange County between 2017-2019.1
The counties of Los Angeles (3,172), San Diego (1,447), Riverside (1,312), and Orange (1,196) are among the highest in the state to experience overdose deaths.2
Excessive Drinking in Orange County
The amount and severity of alcohol abuse in California continues to rise. In 2018, 19% of Orange County adults reported they had indulged in binge or heavy drinking over the course of 30 days.3
In 2018, the percentage of adults self-reporting binge or heavy drinking included those in the counties of:4
- Nevada (25%).
- San Francisco (25%).
- Amador (25%).
- San Luis Obispo (24%).
The number of alcohol-impaired driving deaths increased in California between 2015-2019, especially in the counties of:5
- Mono (up 60%).
- Mariposa (up 57%).
- Plumas (up 50%).
- Orange (up 30%).
Many of the county’s residents are looking for help, hope, and the freedom that comes with recovery from alcohol addiction. Addiction rehab centers in Irvine, California, can help them find what they’re searching for.
- University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, (2021). County Health Rankings & Roadmaps: California 2021 Measure Factors–Drug Overdose Deaths
- University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, (2021). County Health Rankings & Roadmaps—California, Drug Overdose Deaths
- University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, (2021). County Health Rankings & Roadmaps: California 2021 Measure Factors–Excessive Drinking
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, (April 2020). Apparent Per Capita Alcohol Consumption: National, State, and Regions Trends, 1977-2018
- University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, (2021). County Health Rankings & Roadmaps—California, Alcohol Impaired Driving Deaths